Lemon Crumb Muffins – The perfect bakery style lemon muffins topped with a homemade streusel and glaze. The perfect muffin recipe!
Lemon Crumb Muffins
One of my favorite spring flavors is lemon. It’s so versatile, working well in savory recipes like slow cooker lemon chicken soup while also being absolutely perfect in lemon macarons. A few years ago, I put this lemon crumb muffin recipe out that ended up one of the most popular recipes on my site. After making this recipe a whole bunch of times, I decided it needed a bit of an update in the photo department and I think they look just as good as they taste now!
Now these muffins have a bright, lemony flavor that is topped with a simple homemade streusel. It is so perfect for breakfast or brunch all of spring or as a fun snack, I definitely make these muffins in the afternoon to munch on before dinner. Make sure to store the muffins in an air-tight container, they should last a few days.
Common Questions About Lemon Crumb Muffins
What are lemon crumb muffins?
Lemon crumb muffins are a basic muffin with fresh lemon zest and lemon juice mixed right into the batter and topped with a homemade streusel.
How do I make bakery style muffins?
To make bakery style muffins, you need to put them into the oven at 425 degrees F and then bump the temperature down to 350 degrees F to bake for the amount of time that the recipe says. It helps create a domed top.
What other muffins can I make?
There are so many amazing muffins to make! Some of the best are –
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Apple Cider Muffins
- Chai Coffee Cake Muffins
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Orange Muffins
- Snickerdoodle Muffins
Can I make a glaze for my muffins?
Of course! It’s totally optional whether you do or not, I think they taste amazing either way.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Check these recipes out!
- Old Fashioned Glazed Donuts
- English Muffins
- Homemade Air Fryer Donut Holes
- Snickerdoodle Pancakes
- White Chocolate Cherry Coffee Cake
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F and fill muffin pan with liners or spray down with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Mix.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter. Add in granulated sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest, and yogurt into the medium mixing bowl and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour and baking soda in to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour muffin batter in the lined muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the streusel and mix with a fork. Once combined, the mixture should be crumbly.
- Sprinkle streusel on top of muffins before putting them in the oven.
- Once the muffins are in the oven, reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 22-25 minutes or until they are fully cooked (check with toothpick before taking out).
- While the muffins are baking, combine all ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl and whisk until it is well combined (optional).
- Take muffins out and let cool before drizzling glaze on with a fork.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Make sure to check out our web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.