Bakery Style Lemon Crumb Muffins – Wonderful fluffy lemon muffins topped with a delicious homemade streusel and a lemon honey glaze. Perfect for breakfast or brunch!
Bakery Style Lemon Crumb Muffins
I am a huge fan of muffins. They are one of my favorite things to make but sadly, I just don’t make them very often. I think the only ones I’ve made this year where these and my Cranberry Orange Muffins. I had gotten a massive bag of lemons back when I made the Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Veggies as I was not quite sure how many I would end up needing and since then have just been adding lemon to everything I can to use them up. Finally down to just one more lemon! The same day I bought the huge bag of lemons, I also picked up a large bag of navel oranges which were mislabeled as blood oranges but sadly, I have yet to make quite as big of a dent in those…
Check out the video!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°F and fill muffin pan with liners or spray down with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Mix.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter using a hand mixer. Add in granulated sugar and continue beating until the mixture has a paste-like consistency.
- Add eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest, and yogurt into the medium mixing bowl and beat with hand-mixer until well combined.
- Pour liquid mixture into the large mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir with a spatula to combine.
- Pour muffin batter in the lined muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the streusel and mix with a fork. Once combined, the mixture should be crumbly.
- Sprinkle streusel on top of muffins before putting them in the oven.
- Once the muffins are in the oven, reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 22-25 minutes or until they are fully cooked (check with toothpick before taking out).
- While the muffins are baking, combine all ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl and whisk until it is well combined.
- Take muffins out and let cool before drizzling glaze on with a fork.