Asparagus Tart – This savory tart recipe is made with just 5 ingredients! Crispy puff pastry topped with cheese and fresh asparagus. Asparagus tart is a great appetizer or brunch recipe!
I can’t believe this is already day 4 of #BrunchWeek! When I saw that Michigan Asparagus was one of the sponsors, I knew that I had to use asparagus in some kind of dish! Being a Michigan girl and a huge asparagus fan, Michigan asparagus is really the perfect food for me. I decided to use the asparagus to make an easy asparagus tart. You just need 5 simple ingredients and this recipe can be made for brunch or as an appetizer. This asparagus tart perfect for spring and summer with the fresh flavors of the asparagus! If you want to jazz up this asparagus tart even more, drizzle a bit of balsamic glaze on it right before you serve it. Not balsamic vinaigrette, but balsamic glaze. It is a lot thicker and it adds a great flavor to the tart.
Common questions about making an asparagus tart
What can I use instead of gruyere cheese?
You can substitute it for swiss, emmental, or jarlsberg. All of these cheeses will taste great with the asparagus.
When is asparagus season?
For the U.S. it is in the spring. If you live in Michigan, keep your eyes out for local asparagus from about April to June.
Can’t get enough of this asparagus tart recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Parmesan Herb Palmiers
- Spinach Artichoke Bites
- Cranberry Goat Cheese Ball
- Apple Gouda Crostini
- Roasted Red Pepper Artichoke Tapenade
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 3 cups gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
- Balsamic glaze, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Roll out puff pastry onto the baking sheet and roll out to be 11"x14". Prick puff pastry with a fork all over.
- Brush the dijon all over the puff pastry.
- Cut the hard bottom end off of each of the pieces of asparagus.
- Sprinkle the gruyere over the puff pastry, leaving a 1" edge around the puff pastry. lay each slice of asparagus down so that they are paraelle to each other. Top with parmesan and place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 473mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g
This nutritional information can vary depending on the specific products you choose so this is a general guess of the correct nutritional information based on the products I used. Please keep that in mind when making the recipe.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe