Apple Spice Cake – A flavorful fall dessert that takes less than 45 minutes to make! Light and fluffy spice cake topped with caramelized apples.
Apple Spice Cake
If you are looking for an elegant fall dessert, then this is it! I was so happy with how this cake turned out, it was just as delicious as it was beautiful. The spice cake had just the right amount of spices while the caramelized apples were a delicious touch that took the whole cake to the next level.
One of my favorite parts of this cake was the fact it was made using Nordic Ware’s Charlotte Cake Pan. It gave the cake such a gorgeous shape which I think really helps it stand out. I can’t wait to experiment with the pan some more! If you do not have this pan, feel free to use a similar round pan.
If you want to take this cake to the next level, I suggest drizzling it with some homemade salted caramel sauce and a bit of whipped cream. It really completes the dish. I got so excited to try the cake that I dug right into this slice and then immediately remembered that I had caramel and whipped cream sitting on the counter that were waiting to go on the cake. Whoops!
Can’t get enough of this apple spice cake recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies – A delicious fall dessert made with fresh apples and homemade snickerdoodle cookie dough rolled in cinnamon sugar.
- Mini Apple Pies – Pie crusts filled with apple pie filling and baked in a muffin pan.
- Apple Hand Pies – A personal apple pie great for serving at fall parties or baking with kids! Pie crusts filled with the BEST homemade apple pie filling.
- Chewy Oatmeal Apple Cookies – Classic oatmeal cookies with apple.
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 2 large apples, skinned, cored, and chopped into 1/4" cubes
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the pan with non-stick spray and dust it with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs on high for 1 minute. Add in sugars and continue to beat for 8 minutes. The mixture should be light and fluffy.
- Slowly sift in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Fold in until combined.
- Transfer batter to cake pan and then place in oven to bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cake is fully cooked, let cool for 10 minutes and then invert onto a rack to finish cooling.
- In a small saucepan, combine diced apple, cinnamon, maple syrup, and pecans. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, occasionally stirring. The sauce should have thickened up.
- Once cake is out of the pan, top the center with the caramelized apples and serve.
- Libbey Acaciawood Flat Round Wood Server Cake Stands with Glass Dome
- KitchenAid Classic Series 4.5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, Onyx Black (K45SSOB)
- Nordic Ware 83577 Charlotte Cake Pan, One Size, Gold
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 93mg Sodium: 70mg Carbohydrates: 39g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 28g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g