This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Apple Spice Cake
Apple Spice Cake – A flavorful fall dessert that takes less than 45 minutes to make! Light and fluffy spice cake topped with caramelized apples.
If you are looking for an elegant fall dessert, then this is it! I was so happy with how this cake turned out, it was just as delicious as it was beautiful. The spice cake had just the right amount of spices while the caramelized apples were a delicious touch that took the whole cake to the next level.
One of my favorite parts of this cake was the fact it was made using Nordic Ware’s Charlotte Cake Pan. It gave the cake such a gorgeous shape which I think really helps it stand out. I can’t wait to experiment with the pan some more!
If you want to take this cake to the next level, I suggest drizzling it with some homemade salted caramel sauce and a bit of whipped cream. It really completes the dish. I got so excited to try the cake that I dug right into this slice and then immediatly remembered that I had caramel and whipped cream sitting on the counter that were waiting to go on the cake. Whoops!
Can’t get enough of this apple spice cake recipe? Try these other recipes!
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 2 large apples, skinned, cored, and chopped into 1/4" cubes
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the pan with non-stick spray and dust it with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs on high for 1 minute. Add in sugars and continue to beat for 8 minutes. The mixture should be light and fluffy.
- Slowly sift in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Fold in until combined.
- Transfer batter to cake pan and then place in oven to bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cake is fully cooked, let cool for 10 minutes and then invert onto a rack to finish cooling.
- In a small saucepan, combine diced apple, cinnamon, maple syrup, and pecans. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, occasionally stirring. The sauce should have thickened up.
- Once cake is out of the pan, top the center with the caramelized apples and serve.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
- Apple Cinnamon Cakelets by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Apple Fritters by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Pecan Sticky Bun Bites by Soulfully Made
- Apple Pie Monkey Bread by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Pudding by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Pull Apart Bread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Sage Turkey Breakfast Sausage by Simple and Savory
- Apple Slaw by Girl Abroad
- Applejack Rabbit Cocktail by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Applesauce Nut Bread by Palatable Pastime
- Cider Braised Chicken Breasts by Everyday Eileen
- Cider Doughnuts by The Redhead Baker
- Fresh Apple Granola by An Affair from the Heart
- Caramel Apple Whoopie Pies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Seared Steak with Envy-able Apples by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Warm Spiced Apple Topping by Family Around the Table
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.