Apple Fritter Bread – A quick and easy fall breakfast or dessert! Balls of biscuit dough and rolled in butter and cinnamon sugar combined with apples and baked until caramelized. The apple fritter bread is then topped with a glaze and is ready to be served!
Apple Fritter Bread
Apple fritters are my favorite thing to get at one of my local bakeries. Something about it just always pulls me in and I know it’s a treat I will enjoy completely. I’ve been really wanting to try making apple fritters at home but have always been intimidated by them so when I was think about ideas for #AppleWeek, I knew I had to have something apple fritter!
Now this is not a traditional apple fritter, it’s a fun spin on it made by combining apple fritters and monkey bread. I first made monkey bread way back last year, it was my chai spiced monkey bread and it was amazing! This recipe is very similar to the other one but with apples and a glaze on top that really makes it perfect.
Another secret ingredient I used in this recipe was Envy apples. Oh my goodness, those are some tasty apples and I was lucky enough to recieve a box for doing #AppleWeek and I think they disappeared within a week. Seriously, if you see them in the stores, go buy them! They are amazing apples!
How to make apple fritter monkey bread
Step 1 – Cut up biscuits
Remove biscuits from the can and cut each into four equally sized pieces.
Step 2 – Roll each biscuit and coat with cinnamon sugar
Take each piece of biscuit and roll it into a ball. Place half of the balls into melted butter and then a cinnamon sugar blend before placing them in the pan.
Step 3 – Add in apples
Add half of the apples to the pan.
Step 4 – Repeat
Repeat with the remaining balls of biscuit dough and apples.
Step 5 – Bake
Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 6 – Top with glaze
Mix together milk and powdered sugar and drizzle over the top of the apple fritter monkey bread.
Can’t get enough of this apple fritter monkey bread recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Chewy Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Mini Apple Pies
- Apple Hand Pies
- Air Fryer Apple Fritters
Apple Fritter Monkey Bread
- 2 cans biscuits
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 envy apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
Apple Fritter Monkey Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a loaf pan or bundt pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Remove biscuits from the can and cut each into four equally sized pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine both sugars and cinnamon. Stir until well combined.
- Roll each ball of biscuit dough in the melted butter and then the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place half at the bottom of the pan and then top with a layer of apples. Repeat with the remaining biscuits and apples.
- Place in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden-brown.
- Slowly pour milk into a bowl of powdered sugar, adding just as much as is necessary to make the glaze drizzle-able.
- Once the bread is done cooking, remove it from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle the glaze on top and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 3gSugar: 32gProtein: 2g
This nutritional information can vary depending on the specific products you choose so this is a general guess of the correct nutritional information based on the products I used. Please keep that in mind when making the recipe.