This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Apple Fritter Bread
Apple Fritter Bread – A quick and easy fall breakfast or dessert! Balls of biscuit dough and rolled in butter and cinnamon sugar combined with apples and baked until caramelized. The apple fritter bread is then topped with a glaze and is ready to be served!
Apple fritters are my favorite thing to get at one of my local bakeries. Something about it just always pulls me in and I know it’s a treat I will enjoy completely. I’ve been really wanting to try making apple fritters at home but have always been intimidated by them so when I was think about ideas for #AppleWeek, I knew I had to have something apple fritter!
Now this is not a traditional apple fritter, it’s a fun spin on it made by combining apple fritters and monkey bread. I first made monkey bread way back last year, it was my chai spiced monkey bread and it was amazing! This recipe is very similar to the other one but with apples and a glaze on top that really makes it perfect.
Another secret ingredient I used in this recipe was Envy apples. Oh my goodness, those are some tasty apples and I was lucky enough to recieve a box for doing #AppleWeek and I think they disappeared within a week. Seriously, if you see them in the stores, go buy them! They are amazing apples!
How to make apple fritter monkey bread
Step 1 – Cut up biscuits
Remove biscuits from the can and cut each into four equally sized pieces.
Step 2 – Roll each biscuit and coat with cinnamon sugar
Take each piece of biscuit and roll it into a ball. Place half of the balls into melted butter and then a cinnamon sugar blend before placing them in the pan.
Step 3 – Add in apples
Add half of the apples to the pan.
Step 4 – Repeat
Repeat with the remaining balls of biscuit dough and apples.
Step 5 – Bake
Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 6 – Top with glaze
Mix together milk and powdered sugar and drizzle over the top of the apple fritter monkey bread.
Can’t get enough of this apple fritter monkey bread recipe? Try these other recipes!
Apple Fritter Monkey Bread
Apple Fritter Monkey Bread - A quick and easy fall breakfast or dessert! Balls of biscuit dough and rolled in butter and cinnamon sugar combined with apples and baked until caramelized. The apple fritter bread is then topped with a glaze and is ready to be served!
Apple Fritter Monkey Bread
- 2 cans biscuits
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 envy apples peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
Apple Fritter Monkey Bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a loaf pan or bundt pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Remove biscuits from the can and cut each into four equally sized pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
In a small mixing bowl, combine both sugars and cinnamon. Stir until well combined.
Roll each ball of biscuit dough in the melted butter and then the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place half at the bottom of the pan and then top with a layer of apples. Repeat with the remaining biscuits and apples.
Place in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden-brown.
Slowly pour milk into a bowl of powdered sugar, adding just as much as is necessary to make the glaze drizzle-able.
Once the bread is done cooking, remove it from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle the glaze on top and serve immediately.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
- Apple & Lentil Andouille Crockpot Stew by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apples and Chai Smoothie by Our Good Life
- Apple Cider Cutout Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Cider Pancakes by Family Around the Table
- Apple Cinnamon Cake by Girl Abroad
- Apple Cinnamon Pull Aparts by The Freshman Cook
- Apple Crepes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Apple Crisp Ebelskivers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Fritter Monkey Bread by Mildly Meandering
- Apple Herb Stuffed Pork Chops by West Via Midwest
- Apple Pie Turnovers by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Pudding by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Raisin Oatmeal Cookies by The Monday Box
- Apple Scones with Maple Sugar Butter by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast by Seduction in the Kitchn
- Apple Upside Down Cake by Lemon Blossoms
- Appledoodle Cookies by Cookaholic Wife
- Applesauce Coffee Cake by An Affair from the Heart
- Applesauce Muffins by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Baked Apple Donuts by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples by Simple and Savory
- Bourbon Apple Pecan Bread Pudding by Soulfully Made
- Caramel Apple Crumb Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Jam by Books n’ Cooks
- Gingersnapple Tart by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chicken Salad Apple Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dutch Apple Cobbler with Cheesecake Topping by Who Needs a Cape?
- Dutch Apple Coffee Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- German Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup by House of Nash Eats
- Grilled Cheddar Cheese with Apples and Hatch Chile Hot Sauce by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- One Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Apples by Jonesin’ for Taste
- Oven Roasted Apple Butter by Savory Moments
- Pork Chops with Apples and Bacon by The Anthony Kitchen
- Salted Caramel Apple Crumble by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Savory Skillet Chicken and Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- Slow Cooker Pork with Apples by Palatable Pastime
- Sugar Free Apple Pie with Crumble Topping by Tip Garden
- Vegan Caramel Apple Galette by The Baking Fairy
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.