Apple Cider Baked Donuts – Skip going to the cider mill and make delicious apple cider donuts right at home! Fresh apple cider infused in an easy to make donut batter that takes less than 20 minutes to make! They are the perfect fall treat!
Baked Apple Cider Donuts
If you love going to the cider mill and getting donuts, then this is the recipe for you! Now I will admit, going to the cider mill is one of my favorite fall activities but alas, there aren’t anywhere within a few hundred miles. Since then, I have been on a mission to make the best possible donuts and I came up with these. Instead of being deep fried, these donuts are baked using a donut pan. Baking the donuts helps make them a little healthier by cutting out how oily donuts can be but they are still far from healthy as these apple cider donuts are coated in cinnamon sugar.
I used the Slow Cooker Apple Cider I made a little while back in the batter and it worked out perfect! I also loved dunking my donuts in a glass of warm apple cider topped with whipped cream, cinnamon, and a drizzle of caramel sauce. It’s the ultimate indulgent treat!
Common questions about making baked donuts
What are baked apple cider donuts?
Baked apple cider donuts are a simple cake donut batter made with apple cider and topped with a cinnamon sugar topping.
Can you bake donuts instead of frying them?
Yes! It’s very easy to bake donuts, you just need a donut pan. They are available at many stores or online for just a few dollars. Just make sure you use a recipe for baked donuts specifically to make sure the consistency and texture are what they are supposed to be.
How long does it take to bake donuts?
Baking donuts takes about 16-18 minutes at 350 degrees.
Are cake donuts baked or fried?
Cake donuts are usually baked and have a texture much more reminiscent of a slice of cake with a denser consistency. Additionally, cake donuts are risen using baking powder instead of yeast.
What other types of baked donuts can I make?
There are so many great types of baked donuts! Some of my favorites include –
Other tips and tricks on this baked apple cider donuts recipe
- Make sure you have a donut pan! You can pick them up on Amazon for just a few dollars!
- The easiest way to make the donuts look good is to transfer the batter to a piping bag or ziploc bag and cut the end. Using a spoon works too but the donuts might end up a bit lumpier.
Looking for more apple recipes? Check these out!
Apple Cider Baked Donuts
Apple Cider Baked Donuts - Skip going to the cider mill and make delicious apple cider donuts right at home! These baked donuts are the perfect fall treat!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray donut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg and whisk to combine.
- Add in the egg, milk, apple cider, vegetable oil, and vanilla - mix until no large lumps of flour remain. You don't want to overmix.
- Fill each section of the donut pan 3/4 of the way full (I used about 1/4 cup batter in each one).
- Bake the donuts until they are golden brown around the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean - about 16-18 minutes.
- Transfer the donuts to a wire rack to cool.
- After the donuts are removed from the oven, melt butter for coating in a bowl large enough to dunk a donut in. In another bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar.
- Take a donut and place in bowl filled with butter and coat both sides. Transfer to cinnamon sugar and make sure it is completely covered with the coating.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Never miss a Mildly Meandering recipe
Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest / Twitter
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.
Old Fashioned Glazed Donuts - Mildly Meandering
Monday 8th of March 2021
[…] Apple Cider Baked Donuts […]
+50 Fall Recipes Ideas for Lunch and Dinner - Best Fall Dinner and Lunch Ideas - The Foodellers
Monday 2nd of September 2019
[…] Apple Cider Baked Donuts […]