Apple Cake Sundae – A simple, yet delicious fall treat! Homemade apple cake topped with vanilla bean ice cream and a caramel sauce drizzle!
Apple Cake Sundae
Welcome to Freaky Friday – Fall Edition! This is my first time participating and I am so exciting to be sharing a recipe from the fantastic blog Honey and Birch! Freaky Friday is where a bunch of bloggers are all assigned different blogs and we make a recipe from their site to share! None of us know who is assigned to our site so it ends up a fun surprise and a great way to get to know each other and our sites better!
Honey and Birch was created by Jenny and it has a whole bunch of amazing easy recipes and cocktails! She is a self-taught cook who learned to cook when she met her husband! Make sure to go check out her site, it’s really great!
Choosing a recipe to make was so hard because there were so many that sounded delicious (like the Pumpkin Pie Spice Nuts and Autumn Spiced Rum Cider Cocktail) but I eventually decided on this Apple Cake Sundae after much deliberation and wow, it was a wonderful decision!
Now this is really the ultimate fall dessert! It’s a simple apple cake topped with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. I loved how easy this apple cake recipe is to make and it’s a fun dessert to serve to family and friends with a cup of apple cider on the side!
Tips and tricks on this apple cake sundae recipe
- Give the cake a few minutes to cool before serving so your ice cream doesn’t immediately melt!
- It’s up to you whether or not you decide to skin your apples, I skipped that step and didn’t mind the additional texture but it’s definitely a preference.
I loved how easy this whole dessert was to make and there was quite a few servings here so I had dessert for days! I used this as a chance to try out that Halo Top Ice Cream that I kept seeing everywhere online! It was really tasty!
Can’t get enough of this apple cake sundae recipe? Try these other recipes!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups apple, peeled and cored
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch cardamom
- vanilla ice cream
- caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease an 8x8 pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, white sugar, and melted butter using a wooden spoon. Slowly add in egg and vanilla and once well combined, add in dry ingredients. Fold in apples.
- Transfer batter to pan and place in oven. Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes before scooping cake and ice cream into a bowl and drizzling with caramel sauce! Enjoy!
- KitchenAid Classic Series 4.5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, Onyx Black (K45SSOB)
- Rodelle Gourmet Extract, Vanilla, 8 Oz
- Pyrex SYNCHKG106070 2Piece Basics Value Pack1-Basics 8"/2 dish1-Basics 3 Quart Oblong Bake Dish, 2.2, clear
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 61mg Sodium: 200mg Carbohydrates: 62g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 44g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g