30 Minute Dinner Rolls – A quick and easy side dish perfect with a bowl of soup! Soft and fluffy dinner rolls that take 30 minutes to make start to finish. Grab some butter and dig in!
30 Minute Dinner Rolls
Dinner rolls are basically my favorite part of any meal. If dinner rolls get put in front of me during dinner, they will slowly, but surely all disappear! When I originally made this recipe way back in 2017, my pictures really didn’t show off how awesome these rolls were so here I am in 2020 with new and improved pictures that I think do these dinner rolls a bit more justice.
Now this recipe takes between 30-40 minutes and uses just a few simple ingredients which makes them really ideal for the holidays when every recipe needs to be easy-peasy. I am sure these rolls are going to be a new favorite!
Common Questions About Making Dinner Rolls
Are dinner rolls easy to make?
They can be! If you choose a simple recipe that doesn’t involve tons of time or steps, then they are a breeze to make. This recipe is one of my favorites because you can mix and knead them right in your kitchenaid mixer then you just roll them into balls, let rise 10 minutes, and then bake.
Can I make dinner rolls ahead of time?
Yes! If you are making them for the holidays, feel free to make them up to a day ahead of time and then just warm them up in the oven for a few minutes right before serving.
What can I serve dinner rolls with?
You can serve dinner rolls with just about anything but if you are serving them for the holidays, here are some of my favorite dishes to serve them with –
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- Honey Mustard Ham
- Instant Pot Creamed Corn
- Instant Pot Glazed Carrots
- Slow Cooker Hash Brown Casserole
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Apple Cider Cranberry Sauce
What kind of variations can I make of dinner rolls?
Some of my favorite variations on classic dinner rolls include –
- Honey Wheat Dinner Rolls
- Cheesy Garlic Herb Dinner Rolls
- Buttery Bacon Cheddar Rolls
- Pumpkin Rolls
- Sweet Potato Rolls
- Potato Rolls
- Cornmeal Rolls
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Combine warm water, sugar, active dry yeast, and oil in a mixing bowl. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- While the yeast mixture is resting, in a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine yeast mixture, egg, and salt. Sift in flour in batches until it is all well combined. Let the stand mixer continue to mix until the dough forms a smooth, soft ball.
- Divide dough into 16 balls and place in a 9"x13" pan. Let the dough rise for another 10 minutes and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then remove from oven.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine melted butter, garlic powder, and parmesan. Spread across the tops of the warms rolls before serving.