Thank you Idahoan® Steakhouse® Soups for sponsoring this post. Stay warm with this winter with a cozy bowl of soup!
30 Minute Dinner Rolls – A quick and easy side dish perfect with a bowl of soup! Soft and fluffy dinner rolls that take 30 minutes to make start to finish. Grab some butter and dig in!
30 Minute Dinner Rolls
Dinner rolls are basically my favorite part of any meal. If dinner rolls get put in front of me during dinner, they will slowly, but surely all disappear! Soup is definitely my favorite thing to pair dinner rolls with, they are meant to be together! When I heard about Idahoan® Steakhouse® Soups, I just knew I had to try them and of course, make some dinner rolls to go with the soup! We are huge Idahoan potato fans so I just knew that the soups would be a huge hit!
There are four different incredible Idahoan Steakhouse® Soups varieties available: Loaded Potato, Creamy Potato, Cheddar Broccoli and Cheddar Potato. My favorite was definitely the Loaded Potato, it was so creamy and flavorful! I was amazed how the Idahoan Steakhouse Soups were restaurant quality and was actually even better than potato soups I had made from scratch before, but will so little work on my part! Idahoan Steakhouse Soups are all made with real, red Idaho® potatoes and rich cheeses, all you have to do is just add water. It only took 5 minutes to make from start to finish so it’s perfect for busy weeknight meals!
Now these easy homemade dinner rolls were meant to go with Idahoan Steakhouse Soups. They paired so wonderfully and were perfect for dipping and dunking in the bowl of soup. Having homemade rolls in only 30 minutes was really pretty neat, all of the previous recipes I have made took at least 2-3 hours but these really came out in only 30 minutes!
Tips on 30 minute dinner rolls recipe
- You can use bread flour instead of all-purpose flour too.
- If the rolls haven’t risen enough before going in the oven, cover then with a cloth and let rise an additional 10 minutes.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 3.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- Combine warm water, sugar, active dry yeast, and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine yeast mixture, egg, and salt. Sift in flour in batches until it is all well combined. Let the stand mixer continue to mix until the dough forms a smooth, soft ball.
- Divide dough into 12 balls and place in a 9"x13" pan. Let the dough rise for another 10 minutes and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then spread butter on top of the rolls after they are removed from the oven.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.