No-Churn Raspberry White Wine Ice Cream – A simple, no-churn ice cream base infused with white wine and swirled with a fresh raspberry ripple.
Between working full-time and trying to keep my house from falling into disarray from a build-up of dishes or a backlog of laundry, it can be so hard to carve out a few hours for myself here or there. Sometimes I forget that I just need to go do something for fun, something that I will enjoy doing to unwind a bit. My go-to hobby is definitely cooking and baking. I think it is so much fun to be in the kitchen, experimenting with new flavors and combinations, hoping whatever I am making will turn out delicious! Occasionally there are some hits, sometimes some misses, but inevitably, I have fun doing it either way. After I’m done preparing the dish, I enjoy to grab a glass of wine and plop down on the couch to put on a movie!
I decided to combine my passion for wine and cooking by making this No-Churn Raspberry White Wine Ice Cream! It is a delightful summer treat that is incredibly easy to make, yet very delicious! I picked up a bottle of Wente Vineyards Morning Fog Chardonnay 2015 from my local Kroger wine department for this ice cream. I love that it is a multi-generational vineyard that it is making time for for music, the passion of the 5th generation winegrower Karl D. Wente this summer (for more information, check the movement on Instagram). I had previously tried their Morning Fog Chardonnay, Nth Degree, and Riva Ranch Chardonnay but my favorite is for sure the Morning Fog Chardonnay. It has such an exquisite fruity flavor with hints of woody undertones.
When I am cooking, I also always like to either listen to music or play a podcast. Having something going on in the background helps keep me focused and it makes the whole experience even more fun! When I was making this ice cream, I put on some Simon and Garfunkel started on this. The hardest part of making this was really just waiting while it was setting in the freezer for a few hours. I was so excited to try it and the wait was a bit painful! I ended up finishing the book I had been reading on and off when I made time to do something fun for the past year on early British history. When I finally got to taste this, I was so happy with how it turned out! I know I will be making some more time again soon to make this again!
No-Churn Raspberry White Wine Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup white wine (I used Wente Vineyards Morning Fog Chardonnay 2015)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- In a large bowl, combine white wine, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and salt. Stir until combined and set aside.
- In a different large mixing bowl, pour in heavy whipping cream and mix with a hand mixer until light and fluffy with a similar consistency to whipped cream.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream to the sweetened condensed milk mixture.
- In a small saucepan, combine raspberries and sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-6 minutes or until berries breakdown.
- Pour berries into a small bowl through a strainer to remove seeds. Let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Pour half of the ice cream mixture into a bread pan before pouring half of the raspberry sauce into. Repeat with the remaining ice cream and raspberry sauce.
- Using a knife to swirl the raspberry sauce.
- Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours before serving.